EternalPerspectives

This site is dedicated to helping us mere mortals get a grip on the fact that life here on earth is just one dot in our eternal life. May God gift you with eyes to see beyond the trial and tribulations of this world.

Monday, November 14, 2005

Just one of those days

Have you ever had just one of those days? I know, many people look at me and see I have it made; yes it's true; I do; but even I have those days. Last weekend I went to a seminar and the speaker suggested that we tend to be like Watermellons; big and tough on the outside but mushy on the inside. His words to us were; become like a peach; small and soft on the outside but hard in the middle. What he meant was become smaller by making your bounderies smaller. In other words, quit getting ticked that the Prime Minister didn't call you before he made his last decision (okay, this is a little exaggerated). Become soft on the outside by allowing others to be who God made them to be; but become hard on the insdie by not allowing others to change the core of who you are. He talked about people being either door mats or hammers. They either let people walk all over them or they beat them up. He says this becomes more true the closer we are to each other because our personal boundaries start to overlap. I think I agree with him; it's probably a key reason why I'm single; I don't have to worry about the boundary overlap so much. My goal these days is to understand me well enough to know my hard core.

1 Comments:

At 5:47 PM, Blogger kathryn said...

wow. . i don't look at anybody and say 'they've got it made'.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home